Fr. Claude Boudreaux
Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux
- 1955–1962: Jesuit Mission (India and Sri Lanka)
- 1962–1966: Jesuit High School (Shreveport, LA)
- 1966–1967: Sacred Heart (El Paso, TX)
- 1967–1973: Jesuit High School/Jesuit College Prep (Dallas, TX)
- 1973–1974: N/A
- 1974–1976: General Curia (Italy)
- 1976–1981: Loyola University (New Orleans, LA)
- 1976–1977: Jesuit High School (New Orleans, LA)
- 1980–1983: Jesuit High School (New Orleans, LA)
- 1983–1984: N/A
- 1984–1997: Jesuit High School (New Orleans, LA)
- 1997–1998: N/A
- 1998–2005: Jesuit High School (New Orleans, LA)
- 2005–2011: Retired/Ignatius Residence (New Orleans, LA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegation against Father Claude Boudreaux
In 2005, Fr. Claude Boudreaux was removed from active ministry after he was accused of sexually abusing a minor 30 years prior. An internal investigation revealed the accusation was credible, sources say.
After reporting the incident, reports say the victim requested two things: (1) that Fr. Boudreaux be removed, and (2) that the victim’s identity be protected. Consequently, the Jesuits sent Fr. Boudreaux away for extended medical treatment. Additionally, the Jesuits only disclosed that the complaint involved a single act of sexual abuse. Further details about the nature and scope of the abuse are unavailable.
Ordained in 1955, Fr. Claude Boudreaux began his career working in Sri Lanka and India. In the early 1970s, Fr. Boudreaux returned to the United States and taught at Jesuit high schools in Louisiana and Texas.
In the mid-1970s, Fr. Boudreaux served as the regional secretary of the General Curia for the Jesuits in Rome for two years. Thereafter, he returned to the United States and continued teaching at Jesuit High School in New Orleans––where he remained for nearly three decades.
After his removal, Fr. Boudreaux reportedly lived at Ignatius Residence until 2011. His whereabouts after 2011 are unknown. Fr. Claude Boudreaux died on August 5, 2016.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux in Louisiana. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Louisiana, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux may now have legal options but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Louisiana and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.