Father Robert Shurtleff
Diocese of Ogdensburg
Assigned as Follows:
- 1971-1974 St. Mary Church (Potsdam, NY)
- 1975 St. Bernard Church (Saranac Lake, NY)
- 1976-1980 Special Assignment (Potsdam, NY)
- 1981-1989 Special Assignment, Clarkson College (Potsdam, NY)
- 1990 St. Mary Church (Potsdam, NY)
- 1991 Holy Name of Jesus Church (Tupper Lake, NY)
- 1992-1996 Holy Name of Jesus Church (Tupper Lake, NY)
- Sunmount Developmental Center for Mentally Handicapped (Tupper Lake, NY)
- 1997-2000 Holy Name of Jesus Church (Tupper Lake, NY)
- 2001-2002 St. Mary of Clayton Church (Clayton, NY)
- St. John the Evangelist Church (Lafargeville, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Robert Shurtleff:
In June of 2002, Father Robert Shurtleff and three other priests were removed from their assignments as a result of a zero tolerance policy from Dallas Bishops’ conference. Father Shurtleff was working at Holy Name Church in Tupper Lake at the time. The Diocese of Ogdensburg released a statement saying that all four priests had substantiated sexual abuse allegations against them.
Furthermore, all four of the priests had also been through some form of therapy in the past for their “problems.” No other information has been released about the number of alleged victims or the time-frame of the alleged abuse.
Robert Shurtleff does appear on the updated Ogdensburg diocese’s list of credibly accused priests as of November 13th, 2018.
His current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Ogdensburg in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused as a child in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Ogdensburg now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.