Father William J. Wood
Archdiocese of San Francisco/Jesuits
- 1958-1961: St. Ignatius High School (San Francisco, CA)
- 1961-1962: Loyola High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1962-1966: Alma College (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1966-1967: (Wepion, Belgium)
- 1967-1969: Collegio Bellarmino (Rome, Italy)
- 1969-1977: University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- 1977-1979: Bellarmine College Preparatory (San Jose, CA)
- 1979-1984: Sacred Heart Jesuit Center (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1984-1991: Jesuit High School (Carmichael, CA)
- 1991-1997: Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA)
- 1997-2000: University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- 2000-2002: Verbum Dei High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 2002-2004: Sacred Heart Jesuit Center (Los Gatos, CA)
- 2004-2008: Colombiere House (Los Angeles, CA)
- 2008-2014: Sacred Heart Jesuit Center (Los Gatos, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father William J Wood:
Fr. William J Wood was a Jesuit priest for 62 years. During his years of active ministry, Wood served at the University of San Francisco, Bellarmine College Preparatory, Santa Clara University, and Verbum Dei High in Los Angeles. He also served as Executive Director of the California Catholic Conference in Sacramento for several years.
According to media reports, the Diocese of Sacramento claimed that allegations were made in 2002, stating Wood sexually abused a minor that same year while at Jesuit High School in Sacramento, California. In 2018, Wood was named publicly as accused by the Jesuits West Province.
Wood died in 2014 while in the Sacred Heart Jesuit Center in Los Gatos after many years of illness.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.