Father John Coppinger
- 1972-1975: St. Anthony’s (Hereford, TX)
- 1973-1977: St. Ann’s (Bovina, TX)
- 1978-1985: St. Paul Friar (Graymoor, NY)
- 1981-1985: Holy Spirit (Peekskill, NY)
- 1986-1987: SS Peter and Paul’s (Mt. Vernon, NY)
- 1988: Sacred Heart (Dobbs Ferry, NY)
- 1990-1991: St. Joseph’s Rehabilitation Center (Saranac Lake, NY)
- 1992-1996: Generate of the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement – St. James Friary (Garrison, NY)
- 1992-1994: Archdiocese of Halifax (N.S. Canada)
- 1995: Archdiocese of Toronto, Canada
- 1996: Holy Cross Parish (Toronto, Canada)
- 1997-2000: St. Bartholomew (Yonkers, NY)
- 2001-2002: Our Lady of Fatima Church (Scarsdale, NY)
- 2005: St. Paul’s Friary (NY)
- 2006-2017: Franciscan Friars of the Atonement (Garrison, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father John Coppinger:
Fr. John W. Coppinger, a Franciscan priest of the Archdiocese of New York, was removed from active ministry in May 2002 in the wake of an allegation that he had behaved inappropriately in the past. Coppinger was ordained a priest for the Archdiocese of New York in 1972. He served in the Diocese of Amarillo from 1972-1975.
In January 2019, Coppinger was named on the Archdiocese of Amarillo’s list of “Clergy with a credible accusation of sexual abuse of minors while serving in the Diocese of Amarillo”. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
Coppinger died in 2018 at the age of 79 in Hawthorne, New York.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.