Father Louis Aloysius Garcia
Diocese of Fresno
Assigned as Follows:
- 1964-1967 St. Joseph (Selma, CA)
- 1968-1969 St. Mary (Sanger, CA)
- 1969-1970 Secretariat of the Spanish Speaking (Fresno, CA)
- 1970-1971 St. Thomas the Apostle (Goshen, CA)
- 1972 Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Bakersfield, CA)
- 1973-1975 US Air Force Duty
- 1976-1978 Mercy Hospital (Bakersfield, CA)
- 1979 St. Agnes’ Hospital (Fresno, CA)
- 1979-1980 Porterville State Hospital (Porterville, CA)
- 1981 St. John Cathedral (Fresno, CA)
- 1982 Leave of Absence
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Louis Aloysius Garcia:
Father Louis Aloysius Garcia worked in the Diocese of Monterey-Fresno and later in the Diocese of Fresno. After working at Porterville State Hospital, Garcia was accused of sexually abusing several young and developmentally disabled patients. The alleged abuse occurred from 1979 till 1980. He was investigated and charged with 19 counts relating to child sex abuse which involved six male and two female patients.
Some charges were dismissed, but eventually he was convicted and sentenced to 6 years in prison in 1983. Garcia has been listed in the Catholic Directory as on “sick leave” since 1988.
In 2011, his name was listed on the California Sex Offender registry.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Fresno in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Fresno now have legal options due to a temporary change in California law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us toll-free at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.