Father Mark Liening
Archdiocese of San Francisco/Franciscans
- 1941: Immaculate Conception (San Diego, CA)
- 1941-1942: Old Mission (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1942: St. Mary’s (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1942-1943: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1943: St. Joseph’s Hospital (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1943-1944: St. Mary’s (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1944-1945: Immaculate Conception (Provo, UT)
- 1945: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1945-1947: St. Mary’s (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1947-1948: St. Francis (Spokane, WA)
- 1948-1949: Greek Rite Franciscan Commissariat (New Canaan, CT)
- 1949-1950: Sybertsville Monastery (Sybertsville, PA)
- 1950-1951: St. Mary’s (Phoenix, AZ
- 1951-1953: St. Francis de Paula (Tularosa, NM)
- 1953-1955: San Carlos, AZ
- 1955-1957: Holy Family (Pueblo, CO)
- 1957-1962: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 1962-1964: St. Francis de Paula (Tularosa, NM)
- 1964: St. Boniface (San Francisco, CA)
- 1964: Covered Wells, AZ
- 1964-1966: St. Mary’s (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1966-1968: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1968-1969: Ensenada, Mexico
- 1969-1970: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1970: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Fresno, CA)
- 1970-1972: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1972-1974: Old Mission (San Luis Rey, CA)
- 1974-1979: St. Mary’s (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1979-1985: St. Francis de Paula (Tularosa, NM)
- 1985: Old Mission (Santa Barbara, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Mark Liening:
Fr. Mark Liening was a member of the Franciscan Friars of the Province of Santa Barbara, part of what is formally known as the Order of Friars Minor.
In 2019, his name appeared on the Franciscans’ Santa Barbara Province list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. It noted allegations reported in 2007 of child sex abuse of a minor in 1943-1944.
During the time of the abuse, Liening was assigned to St. Mary’s in Phoenix, Arizona.
Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown.
Liening died in 1985.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.