Father Michael Carroll
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1968-1971: St. Anselm’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1972-1973: St. Teresita (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1973-1979: St. Michael’s High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1974-1979: St. Michael’s Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1979: Bishop Conaty High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1980-1981: St. Brendan’s Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1982: Active leave outside the Archdiocese
- 1983-1993: St. Mary Medical Center (Long Beach, CA)
- 1994-1996: St. John the Baptist de la Salle (Temple City, CA)
- 1997-2000: Unknown
- 2001-2003: St. Lorenzo Ruiz Catholic Church (Walnut, CA)
- 2004-2010: Unknown
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Michael Carroll:
Fr. Michael Carroll, a native of Ireland, was ordained a priest in 1967, and served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in 1995, he was accused of sexually abusing a teenage girl from 1967-1971 at St. Anselm Parish in Los Angeles. Carroll denied the allegation and the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ Review Board deemed it not credible. He remained in the ministry until 2003 when the victim filed a civil lawsuit.
Fr. Carroll’s name was included on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ 2004 list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors. Fr. Carroll died in 2011. His status as a priest, his whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 2004 to his death, are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.