Father Raymond Provost
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1936 St. Amadeus (Alburgh, VT)
- 1936-1937 St. Sylvester (Graniteville, VT)
- 1936-1937 St. Mary (Springfield, VT)
- 1937 St. Peter (Rutland, VT)
- 1938-1940 St. Paul (Barton, VT)
- 1940-1942 St. Mary Star of the Sea (Newport, VT)
- 1942-1968 St. Anthony (Sheldon Springs, VT)
- 1968-1975 St. Ambrose (Bristol, VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Raymond Provost:
Father Raymond Provost served in Vermont parishes for approximately 39 years. He retired for health reasons in 1975, and continued some parish work until about 1995. He died in 1998.
According to media reports, in August 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Burlington’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. It noted that the allegation was received in 2005.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.