Father Robert F. Corrigal
Diocese of San Jose/Jesuits
Left priesthood: 1979
- 1959-1960: Alma college (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1960-1961: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1962-1963: St. Mary’s Mission (St. Mary’s Mission, AK)
- 1963-1965: Pilot Station Mission (Pilot Station, AK)
- 1965-1966: St. Lawrence’s (Mountain Village, AK)
- 1966-1968: Immaculate Conception (Bethel, AK)
- 1968-1970: St. Theresa’s (Aniak, AK)
- 1970-1972: University of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV)
- 1972-1973: Gonzaga University (Spokane, WA)
- 1973-1974: Immaculate Conception (Fairbanks, AK)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Robert F. Corrigal:
Fr. Robert F. Corrigal was ordained a Jesuit priest of the Oregon Province in 1959. After Corrigal was ordained, he returned to Alaska where he was assigned to remote Eskimo villages in the Diocese of Fairbanks.
According to media reports, Corrigal left the priesthood in 1979. He started a counseling program for native Alaskans and later worked for the housing authority in Anchorage. When Corrigal became terminally ill he decided to return to the Jesuits.
In 2010, there was one pending claim against Corrigal shown in the bankruptcy reorganization documents for the Diocese of Fairbanks. In 2018, Corrigal was included on the Jesuit West Province list with credible claims of sexual abuse of a minor or vulnerable adult. It notes claims reported in 2009 of abuse that took place in 1959 and 1968-1972. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown.
Corrigal died in 1988.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Jose, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.