Father Robert Mellott
Diocese of Pittsburgh
Removed from active ministry: 2005
Assigned as follows:
- 1963-1969: Parochial Vicar, St. Edward Parish
- 1969-1970: Parochial Vicar, St. Rosalia Parish
- 1970-1971: Hospital Chaplain, Mercy State Hospital
- 1971-1972: Hospital Chaplain, St. Elizabeth Hospital
- 1972-1974: St. Agatha Parish
- 1974-1980: Hospital Chaplain, Western Center in Canonsburg
- 1980-1981: Chaplain of the Motherhouse of Villa Maria Community Center
- 1981-1982: Parish Administrator, St. Edward Parish
- 1982-1988: Pastor, St. Edward Parish
- 1993-1999: Hospital Chaplain, Divine Providence Hospital
- 1988-2005: St. Benedict Monastery
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Robert Mellott:
Father Robert Mellott was identified on a list now deceased clergy that was removed from active ministry when allegations of child sexual abuse were filed against them. This list includes deceased clergy who had a credible and substantiated allegation of child sexual abuse made against them while they were alive. Very little is known of the allegations against Melllot since there is no indication that the allegation was ever reported to the District Attorney’s office. There is no Grand Jury report or Bates # associated with his name either.
He is deceased and buried at Mount Olivet Catholic Cemetery in Aliquippa, Beaver County, Pennsylvania.
Contact us today.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Pittsburgh. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Pittsburgh now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.