Father Sean Cronin
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1968: Unknown
- 1969-1972: Missionary in Diocese of Eldore (Kenya, East Africa)
- 1972: St. Genevieve Catholic Church (Panorama City, CA)
- 1973: Incardinated in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1974-1975: St. Genevieve Catholic Church (Panorama City, CA)
- 1976-1977: St. Andrew Catholic Church (Pasadena, CA)
- 1978-1979: St. Monica Catholic Church (Santa Monica, CA)
- 1978-1979: Santa Monica High School (Santa Monica, CA)
- 1980-1982: St. Michael Catholic Church and High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1983-1984: St. Helen Catholic Church (South Gate, CA)
- 1984-1990: Marymount College (Palos Verdes, CA)
- 1984: Holy Trinity Catholic Church (San Pedro, CA)
- 1985-1988: Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church (Wilmington, CA)
- 1989-1991: St. Margaret Mary Alacoque Catholic Church (Lomita, CA)
- 1992: Sabbatical (Oxford University, England)
- 1993-2000: St. Margaret Mary Alacoque Catholic Church (Lomita, CA)
- 1993-2000: Marymount College (Palos Verdes, CA)
- 2001-2002: Treatment at Guest House (Rochester, MN)
- 2002-2003: Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church (Northridge, CA)
- 2003-Present: Unknown
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Sean Cronin:
Originally from Ireland, Fr. Sean Cronin was ordained a priest in 1973, and served in multiple parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in 1977, a fellow priest reported to Archdiocesan officials his concerns regarding Fr. Cronin’s contact with young boys in his room.
In 1984, Fr. Cronin was granted permission to join the faculty at Marymount College in Palos Verdes. Fr. Cronin was accused of molesting two children between 1972 and 1980 while at St. Genevieve Parish in Panorama City and St. Monica Parish in Santa Monica. Fr. Cronin was sued in 2003 for child sex abuse. His priest file was then released, which revealed that he had provided alcohol to a child that he was counseling.
Fr. Cronin asked the child sexual questions and took him to see a sexually explicit movie. In 2004, Fr. Cronin was placed on administrative leave and was finally laicized in 2011. Fr. Cronin was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors. Fr. Cronin was last known to be living in Santa Monica, CA. His current whereabouts and whether he has had access to children since 2003 are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.